Service Bulletin 7: 30A fuse upgrade kit
Type: Service Bulletin
Affected Models: All Models until september 2019
Garia has discovered an amp draw concern with fuse 14. Replacing mini fuse 14 (30 Amp) located in the fuse box under the bonnet with an external Midi style fuse will correct this issue.
The F14 mini fuse needs to be replaced with a 30A midi fuse & holder, outside the fuse box.
Inspect cars from 2015 to August 2019 to see if bulletin applies.
Check to see if there is an external fuse on the left side of the fuse box, see picture if there is, the bulletin does not apply.
Please check that Service bulletin 5 is completed or else do Service bulletin 5 also.
The spare parts required for this repair must be ordered directly from Garia.
When ordering, present the VIN of the vehicle, Garia will then ship the 30A midi fuse & holder free of charge.
FOR DEALER AND SERVICE PARTNERS
Instruction for accomplishment:
Function numbers to be used:
1525 - Service bulletin 7: 30A fuse upgrade kit
Time: 0,20 hours
Spare parts required:
Part number: G2190210800 - Charger fuse assembly G21
QTY / Vehicle: 1
Fuse removal clip from side of fuse box
14 mm socket wrench if car is with Lead acid battery.
Cable shoe plier / wire crimper
INSTRUCTION FOR ACCOMPLISHMENT:
- Turn ignition key to on, and open front bonnet.
- Turn ignition key off.
- Raise seat cushion and turn main power switch off.
- Lead acid battery: Disconnect the main negative cable from the battery
Lithium battery: It is NOT necessary to disconnect the negative cable on the battery
Push the power button on the lithium battery until the light disappears. (Push for 7 seconds)
Uninstall the fuse box cover to gain access to the fuse box
Remove the 4 bolts holding the fuse box to the fuse box bracket. (Torx 30)
- Remove the upper block of relays/fuses by activating/release the 2 pins in the side and push the set back wards.
With the upper block of relays/fuses loose from the frame, turn the fuse box 90 degrees (from vertical to horizontal) to get more working space
- Locate the two red 4 mm2 wires going to fuse F14 and cut the wires as close as possible to the fusebox
- Reinstall the upper block of relays/fuses into the frame
- Strip the 2 cut wires, about 1/4" (6 mm)
- : Use proper sized cable shoe pliers to crimp the supplied connectors to the supplied Midi fuse/holder).
- Use a heat gun to seal the heat shrink connectors.
- Route the connected wire behind the fuse box exiting through the bottom.
- Using only the top two screws reinstall fuse box onto bracket loosely, leaving the lower screws to accommodate the Midi fuse holder - See picture .
- Install the last of the 4 screw holding the fusebox and bracket.
- Tighten the 4 screws to the right torque (Torx 30)
12 Nm / 9 ft Lbf.
- If Service bulletin 5 is completed, then install the new "Fuse box schematics" inside the fuse box lid.
- Remove fuse F14 with the fuse removal tool* and discard.
See picture - *Yellow plastic tool on the side.
- Install the lid back on to the fusebox.
- Lithium : Turn on the power for the battery by pressing the button on battery for 2 second to turn back on
Lead Acid :Reconnect the negative lead on the battery terminal
- Tighten the nut with the correct torque.
Use a 14mm Socket wrench and a small Torque wrench
12 Nm / 9 ft Lbf.
- Turn the main switch back on.
- Remove the customers "Quick guide and service book" from the storage net located under the bonnet (if missing please ask the customer for the book). Under the notes section please document the following information. "Service bulletin SB 7 - 30A fuse upgrade kit, Dealer Name, Technician initials, Date performed."